From the same team behind League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth comes an action-packed battle royale game. Garena Free Fire is a free-to-play battle royale game that was recently hailed as one of the “Best Apps of the Year” and “Best Popular Vote Game of 2019”. The core gameplay of Garena Free Fire is very much the same as other battle royale titles. Your main objective is to survive the battle and be the last man standing. Unlike the standard formula for battle royale games, Garena Free Fire easily stands out by only accommodating a maximum of 50 players per match (instead of 100 players). The game is wonderfully optimized for mobile devices where even lower-end phone owners can get a satisfying battle royale experience without any performance issues. If you want to download Garena Free Fire on your device, we have provided a step by step procedure below.
The mechanics for this game are generally simple and easily manageable. Like how most battle royale games typically work, the game starts by deploying players on a remote island ( either a fictionalized version of Bermuda island or Kalahari desert). You can glide through the map and parachute down to your preferred landing spot. Once on the battleground, players may start scouting or scavenging for weapons that are randomly scattered on the huge immersive 3D map. Players may start wandering around but they are highly encouraged to observe their surroundings to detect any nearby enemies. Much like a standard battle royale game, the battleground is gradually shrinking and players must remain within the safe zone to survive. The last remaining player or team wins the match.
How to download Garena Free Fire for Android
Downloading Garena Free Fire on your Android device is very simple and it works the same way as to how you download apps from Google Play Store. If you want to download Garena Free Fire on your device, follow this simple instruction below.
- Access the Google Play Store app from your Home screen.
- On the Search Bar, type in Garena Free Fire and search.
- Look for the Garena Free Fire app from the results and choose the one officially Garena International Limited
- Tap the Install button and wait for the download to complete
- After the download is complete, tap Open to access the game.
- You can also access the app by tapping its icon from your Homescreen.
- Additional downloads might be asked after accessing the game.
As mentioned above, Garena Free Fire is a game that is specifically designed for mobile devices. Players can download Garena Free Fire even if they own lower-end phones and the game still runs like a gem.
- To download Garena Free Fire, you must have an Android Phone with a recommended version of 4.0.3 and above.
- The initial download size of the game is 41MB with additional download size amounting to more or less 500MB
- The game has an Age Rating of 12+ that features moderate violence.
- The current version of the game is 1.47.0
How to download Garena Free Fire for iOS
Just like how you download Garena Free Fire on Android, you can add this game on your iOS devices the same way you add games from Apple App Store.
- Tap the App Store app on your home screen
- Browse or search Garena Free Fire on the Search bar (tap the Search icon on the bottom right of the screen)
- Select and tap the Garena Free Fire (the one published by Garena International)
- Tap the Get button
- You might also be asked to enter the password of your Apple ID account.
- Once the download is complete, tap the Open button and start playing Garena Free Fire. You can also access the game by tapping its icon from the Home screen.
- To download Garena Free Fire on an iOS device, the user must have iOS 8.0 or later.
- The game is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- The game has a download size of 1.3 GB
- The Age rating of ROS in iOS is 12 + (which might feature Mild Simulated Gambling, Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence, and Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence)
- The game is available in following languages: English, Arabic, Burmese, French, German, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
How to download Garena Free Fire for PC
Garena Free Fire is a battle royale game that is specifically designed for mobile devices but players can still play this game through their PC. There are many possible ways to play Garena Free Fire on your PC. You can download a third-party Android emulator like BlueStacks or NOX (or other reliable similar software like Gameloop). This allows users to access Google Play Store using the Android phone emulator. Here, you can use an existing Google Account or better yet create a new one to access the Google Play Store.
Just be mindful though that Garena Free Fire recently launched an anti-hack software that prevents players from hacking using third-party software so be sure to use these emulators fairly to avoid being banned from the game permanently.
After you download Garena Free Fire from the Play Store, you can access the game using the shortcut icons you created on your virtual Home Screen and your Computer desktop. Be mindful that you still need to configure the keymap settings and assign which keys on your keyboard will replace the mobile controls. Once done, you can now start playing the game in a wider and probably better resolution. Enjoy!
Also feel free to check our in-depth review for Garena Free Fire here!