Battle Royale and its interesting concept have been adopted by many game developers today. After the success of Fortnite and PUBG, we were all greeted by an overwhelming number of new battle royale titles, and picking the best one has become a challenge. Some of the latest battle royale games like Apex Legends, Rules of Survival, and Garena Free Fire managed to capture the success of the aforementioned battle royale giants. Now, here’s a new contender! Hi Rex, the creative team behind the well-acclaimed Tribes: Ascend and Paladins, came up with a new battle royale game known as Realm Royale. It is generally a spin-off of Paladins that offers you the classic battle royale gameplay with some interesting new elements to embrace with. If you want to download Realm Royale, here’s our quick guide you must follow.
Realm Royale is a free-to-play battle royale game developed by Hi-Rez and published by Heroic Leap Games. It follows the same formula for most battle royale titles. In this game, 100 players will be deployed on a remote island. It features a massive map inspired by the Paladins universe with some notable resemblance to the World of Warcraft. Once on the ground, players must start to scavenge for weapons and items that are randomly scattered on the map. These items can be obtained from the loot chests and drops from the enemies you killed. As you progress, the map will gradually shrink and players must try their best not to get killed by utilizing their weapons and skills. The last remaining player or team wins the match. If you want to download Realm Royale, the game is available on major gaming platforms like PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Windows, and macOS.
How to Download Realm Royale for PC
You can download Realm Royale for PC using Steam. Here’s how it works.
- Install and Download Steam in your PC through their official webpage at www.store.steampowered.com
- Tap the Install Steam button located on the upper right portion of the screen.
- Run the installer and complete the download.
- You will be asked to sign in using your existing Steam account or if you don’t have one, you can create a new account by inputting your email address, preferred username, and password.
- Once done and verified, you can access the Steam app shortcut icon from your desktop.
- Through the Steam App, tap the Store tab on the upper panel.
- Type in Realm Royale on the search bar and select the game from the list
- Once you have entered the Realm Royale page, tap the Play Game button
- This will display a new panel showcasing all the details you need to know before installing the game (includes disk space required, estimated download time, and more)
- Tick the “Create Desktop Shortcut” and “Create Start Menu Shortcut” boxes respectively (optional)
- Hit next to proceed to download Realm Royale
- Once the download is complete, you can access the game by tapping the shortcut icon from your desktop or by accessing your Steam Library.
If you want to download Realm Royale on your PC, make sure that you have met the following System Requirements
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- Operating System: Windows 7
- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00 GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 555
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 5 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card
For consoles like PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, you can download Realm Royale through their respective first-party stores like Microsoft Store (for Xbox) and PlayStation Store (for PS4). Recently, Realm Royale has become available for Nintendo Switch as well. To download Realm Royale on Nintendo Switch, players can get it from the Nintendo eShop. They can even purchase Realm Royale Switch Founder’s Pack and get early access to the game that also includes 4 exclusive items and 2 Founding Forgers items for early access supporters.
Can You Download Realm Royale for Mobile (Android/iOS)?
Unfortunately, Realm Royale is not yet available for mobile platforms. You might also try your luck with the Steam Link app. To use the Steam Link mobile app, you’ll need three items: a gaming PC, a smartphone, and a Bluetooth-capable controller. Link your Bluetooth controller to your phone. Launch the Steam Link app and select any of the Steam games that are already installed on your PC.
While there is no announcement yet if there will be a mobile version of Realm Royale, there is still a huge potential that it might venture soon on both Android and iOS. Hi-Rez managed to bring Paladins on mobile platforms through Paladins Strike so they might do the same approach with Realm Royale.
In the meantime, feel free to check our in-depth review for Realm Royale here. Have fun!