Call of Duty: Warzone is one of the newest additions to the highly acclaimed Call of Duty franchise. It is a free-to-play battle royale game where players must fight for their survival to win the match. Interestingly, Call of Duty: Warzone is the second battle royale game for the franchise. The first one is the Call of Duty: Mobile developed by Tencent’s Timi Studio (the same team behind the 2nd mobile version of PUBG). Following its success is the Call of Duty: Warzone which is developed by Infinity Ward and Raven Software and is officially published by Activision. The game will provide you a battle royale experience into a larger scale as the game can accommodate up to 150 players per match compared to the typical 100 player capacity. If you want to download Call of Duty: Warzone, allow us to give you a step by step guide.
Although Call of Duty: Warzone is officially a part of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, you can still download Call of Duty: Warzone without purchasing the Modern Warfare game. Much like most battle royale titles, this game shares the same formula while successfully incorporating some unique elements to it. All the 150 players (50 squads) will be deployed in a fictional city known as Verdansk. Players must hunt and scavenge for weapons that are randomly scattered on the map. They must strategically explore the battlefield that is gradually shrinking and try to be the last squad standing. Some of the unique features of the game include the contract system and a unique respawn system that features a place called Gulag where fallen players fight for a chance of respawning back to the battlefield.
How to Download Call of Duty: Warzone for PC
Call of Duty: Warzone is available for three major gaming platforms; PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. You can download Call of Duty: Warzone for your PC for free as long as you meet all the system requirements to play the game smoothly.
- Visit Battle.net or Blizzard.com
- Tap the Games tab and it will display a new panel showcasing games developed by Blizzard and Activision
- Head over to Activision panel and tap the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare icon
- If you can see a huge banner for Call of Duty: Warzone, tap the Play for Free button
- If not, scroll down the page and under the Games Choose Your Way to Play, you’ll find all the available Call of Duty titles. Select the Call of Duty: Warzone and tap the Play for Free link to prompt you to COD: Warzone page
- Once in the Call of Duty: Warzone page, tap the Play for Free button
- Wait for the Prepare to Drop in page to pop up and you’ll be asked by the system to keep or discard the .exe file (COD: Warzone installer). Choose Keep and run the file to download Call of Duty: Warzone on your PC.
You can also download Call of Duty: Warzone from the official Call of Duty webpage at CallofDuty.com/warzone. Select which platform the first-party store you want to proceed (PlayStation Store, Xbox Store, and Battle.net). Tap the PC button and it will prompt you back to the Battle.net shop (just refer to the instructions above to download Call of Duty Warzone on your PC).
If you already have a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on your PC, you can just upgrade your version by installing the latest patch. This will automatically replace the Classified panel to Warzone. If you own Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on a disc and you don’t have the disc anymore, you can just delete your previous copy of Modern Warfare, and download Warzone from your chosen platform’s first-party store. All your progress from Modern Warfare will be carried over.
If you really want to download Call of Duty: Warzone on your PC and experience the game in full extent, you must be able to meet at least the minimum system requirements.
Minimum System Requirements for PC
- Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit (SP1) or Windows 10 64-bit
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 or AMD Radeon HD 7950 – DirectX 12.0 compatible system
- Processor: Intel Core i3-4340 or AMD FX-6300
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Hard drive Storage: 175 GB available hard drive space
- Internet: Broadband Internet connection
Recommended System Requirements for PC
- Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit latest update
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 or AMD Radeon R9 390 / AMD Radeon RX 580 – DirectX 12.0 compatible system
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen R5 1600X Processor
- Memory: 12 GB RAM
- Hard Drive Storage: 175 GB available hard drive space
- Internet: Broadband Internet connection
Can You Download Call of Duty: Warzone for Mobile (Android/iOS)
Unfortunately, Call of Duty: Warzone is not yet available for mobile platforms. With the current success of Call of Duty: Mobile, it seems like the chances of having Warzone for Android or iOS is pretty slim and probably not for a long time. In the meantime, while we can’t download Call of Duty: Warzone on our mobile, you can enjoy Call of Duty: Mobile and have the same epic battle royale experience. You can also check our in-depth review for Call of Duty: Mobile here. To know more about Call of Duty: Warzone, feel free to check our latest full review here.